"Stacey Buck has made speech therapy fun for my seven-year-old daughter, Lena, who looks forward to her weekly sessions. Stacey always has something new and exciting in her bag of tricks. She is very competent and a sensitive and compassionate person who brings years of experience to her work. In just a few months, Lena’s speech has greatly improved, not only because of Stacey’s professional skills, but also due to her wonderful warm and kind nature." -CHERYL K.
SCREENING & EVALUATION
- Screening of speech and language development
- Screening of hearing
- Comprehensive speech and language evaluation lasts three to four hours, and includes standardized as well as informal assessments
- Separate interview conducted with the parents prior to evaluation, lasting about one hour
- Report of findings provided for both screenings and evaluations
- Follow up session with parents, lasting about one hour
- Services provided in office with outings to surrounding community as applicable
- Speech and/or language treatment, as deemed necessary
- Progress reports completed two to four times per year
- Methods based on current theories of best practices
- Information provided regarding speech and language and the impact on learning for preschool through high school
- Available to speak with faculty and staff as well as parents
- Current research, video and case examples, and curriculum-based as well as family-centered ideas provided
LINDAMOOD-BELL PHONEME SEQUENCING PROGRAM
The Lindamood-Bell Phonemic Sequencing Program --formerly called the ADD Program, Auditory Discrimination in Depth-- successfully stimulates phonemic awareness. Individuals become aware of the mouth actions which produce speech sounds. This awareness becomes the means of verifying sounds within words and enables individuals to become self-correcting in reading, spelling, and speech.
Click here to learn more about the Lindamood-Bell Phenome Sequencing Program.
Stacey has training in and experience with the LiPS program. Stacey is an independent entity and is not affiliated with nor has been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Lindamood-Bell.
WILSON READING SYSTEM
The Wilson Reading System is a research-based reading and writing program. It is a complete curriculum for teaching decoding and encoding (spelling) beginning with phoneme segmentation. WRS directly teaches the structure of words in the English language so that students master the coding system for reading and spelling. Unlike other programs that overwhelm the student with rules, the language system of English is presented in a systematic and cumulative manner so that it is manageable. It provides an organized, sequential system with extensive controlled text to help teachers implement a multi-sensory structured language program (MSL).
Click here to learn more about the the Wilson Reading System.
Stacey has training in and experience with theWilson Reading System (WRS). Stacey is an independent entity and is not affiliated with nor has she been authorized, sponsored or otherwise approved by Wilson Reading System.
SPELL LINKS PROGRAM
Using aspects of the SPELL Links program to improve literacy and vocabularies.
"Success in reading and writing begins with word study - a systematic way of learning, practicing, and applying knowledge about the sounds, letters, and meanings of words. With word study, students gain power with the English language - power to read, power to write, and power to succeed in learning and life. With SPELL-2 and SPELL-Links to Reading & Writing, students build the literacy brain and become effective writers and fluent readers with strong comprehension and rich vocabularies".
Stacey has training in and experience with the SPELL Links Program. Stacey is an independent entity and is not affiliated with nor has she been authorized, sponsored or otherwise approved by Learning By Design, Inc.® / SPELL-LinksTM.